Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cabin Fever and Snow Days!

OK Already!! It's time for the ice and snow to GO AWAY. Our driveway is nothing but a sheet of ice, or I should say a hill of ice. It has been a couple of years since it has been this bad. The snow we can handle, the ice we can't. I know, it is January, and I don't even have to go out in it. But it is nice to know I could if I wanted to. I haven't even been to Walmart for a couple of weeks. They might close up. I guess that won't happen though, last year while taking care of my father-in-law I went two times in two months. That was really a record.

Courtney's nursing program goes by Harrison County school closing, and they have had so many days off they are now going in 1/2 hour early to try to make up. She has been loving the days off, but misses the extra sleep.

Poor Carolyn has the opposite problem. She is student teaching 4 days a week, so does benefit from the school delays and closing in the morning, but all of her afternoon and evening classes are in Morgantown and WVU very rarely closes. She did have an individual class cancel one evening this week when it was really bad, but most of the time she has to go ahead and go. The education program does not leave much room for taking days off.

The kids are really enjoying all the snow. Danielle has tried to keep Breanna and C.J. from knowing about snow days (they home school) since they take off extra for holidays or any extra days they want. (Birthdays, etc.) But they are older now and heard on the radio the other night about school closing for snow and wanted to know why they had to work. So she actually gave them a snow day yesterday along with everyone else. They were really excited. Next I guess they will want a 2 hour delay.

Maybe tomorrow I can post some pictures of the snow.

I guess that is all that is going on right now. Try to keep warm. Spring will come eventually.

No comments: