Saturday, February 7, 2009

BLOGS OF NOTE

I just noticed the term "blogs of note" as I was adding someone to my blog list. That really gave me pause to think. I had decided I was not going to post until I had something to post about besides the weather and winter blues, but this has really stopped me in my tracks.

I read many blogs. Some of them are people I know. Some of them I came across from other blogs and I really do not know them personally, but sure feel like I do because I have read so much about them and what they are going through. Of all these there are some that really stand out. I guess I would call those blogs of note.

But what really makes a blog of note. Is it because that person has 2000+ followers such as McMamma from mycharmingkids or Angie from bringtherain. Or is it that person who only has a few followers but writes from their heart about their down syndrome child standing for the first time. I can cry from that blog as easily as from McMamma when her child (diagnosed with heart failure before birth) was born healed and defect free. I have decided that any blog that is from the heart, even if it is a wordless Wednesday picture with no text, can be a "blog of note". In my book, we all have "blogs of note" every time we blog. They just might not be "noted" by so many people.

So fellow bloggers, keep up the good work. Blog to your hearts content. You might be like me, doing this for an outlet for my emotions, not caring if anyone reads it or not. Or you might be one of those that promotes followers by doing contests and such. No matter what your motive, blogging is a noteworthy cause. Our words and thoughts are now documented for anyone interested or even just curious.

By the way -- isn't this weather awesome. I am loving it!! I think it should just stay like this until about March and then warm up some.

No comments: