Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A SAINT IN HEAVEN

Today marks the second anniversary of the home going of my father-in-law, John Sherron. He made his heavenly landing at 3:30 am on March 30, 2008. I have blogged before about how privileged I felt to be able to take care of him in those last months and I still feel that way. He was a joy to take care of, and we miss him so much, but I wouldn't wish him back to this mess for anything. His eternal reward is so much greater than what we have here.




What has really caught my attention lately is all the ones who post about a loved one who has passed and then put R.I.P. or "rest in peace". That caught my eye the other day and I wondered what do they really mean by that. Do they really know they are resting in peace or is it just wishful thinking. It is such a joy to know that Dad is resting in the peace that we will only know in Heaven. Our earthly bodies will never know that peace until we finally make it there.

Then that brought on a whole new train of thought. What will Heaven be like? What will we see and do there? Who will we see there? WOW! What a thought! It just makes me that much more determined to do all in my power to make it.

I know I will never live up to what my father-in-law did. I know he spent many hours in study and prayer and those are hard shoes to fill. I think some people are called to be prayer warriors and I think he was one of them. Then I think "who is filling those shoes?" Is that why some things have happened since he has been gone? We miss those prayers. God help me to fill even a little bit of the hole left without his prayers.

So, I close with R.I.P. Dad....We really know you are!

No comments: