Friday, April 22, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Thirty-three years ago today I began a new chapter of my life.  It was no longer "my" life but "our" life.  It has been an intersting journey with many hills and valleys but definitely worth the ride. 

Our day was sunny and beautiful after a snow storm the day before.  I remember driving home from decorating the reception hall and crying all the way because of the "blizzard" it was right then.  But it soon melted and the next day was wonderful.  I think you call that typical Ohio weather.

There have been lots of changes in our life in the last thirty-three years.  We have added a son and two daughters, a daughter-in-law and son-in-law, and four wonderful, precosious, beautiful grandchildren to our family.  We are so blessed! 

I am thankful to say I have a wonderful husband, too.  He has been a union carpenter for 32 years and I have to say he is one person in a thousand who loves his work.  I never have to drag him up in the morning to go to work.  I feel blessed in that area because I have worked with people that were not that fortunate. 

He also has made it possible for me to be home the last three years to take care of Jay'von so Courtney could go to school for her nursing degree.  I realize he has sacrificed and worked extra hours so I could do that but he didn't complain.  He's just that kind of guy.  Our children never went to daycare (I didn't work until they were in school), and he knew I didn't want that for our grandchildren, either. 

He also loves to help around the house.  He is a champion cookie baker and loves to make jam and jelly.  It has been so many years since I made jam I probably forget how.  He is famous around here for his Hot Pepper Jelly (yes, it is made with hot peppers) that we serve on cream cheese with crackers.  We have to make extra since we give away so much. And, yes, I do gladly admit that he made it instead of me. I am proud to say I have a hammer slinging, wooden spoon stirring, apron wearing (nail and kitchen) husband! 

Thanks, Charlie, for being such a wonderful husband and putting up with my quirks for thirty-three years.  I hope we have at least that many more.  I love you!

No comments: