Friday, May 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!





Yesterday, May 28, was my Dad's birthday. I will not say how old he is because everyone thinks he is younger and I wouldn't want to burst any bubbles. I will say that he is still working just about every day and should have quit years ago. There! Enough said about that!

My Dad has worked hard all his life both on the job and off. He taught us how to be a giving person. He probably works as much for free as he does for pay. He has always done this. I have heard him say may times he is "sending up timber" for his mansion in heaven. He also taught us that those works aren't what is going to get us there. Salvation through Jesus Christ is the only way to get to heaven. The good works are just an added bonus.

He has been a wonderful Father and a rock that never changes. Thanks, Dad, for all you do. We hope you had a Happy Birthday and look for many, many more! We love you!

No comments: